Thank you Lesbia, I know more details so I can understand you better.
here is some more details maybe need to be explanation to get better comprehension about the whole thing.
1. before your booking and your arriving , as a mom , I undestood a family with small kids travel is not easy , so I do extra preparing and provide high chair, toys , bassinet for you with no charge.
2. check in day:
we talk about check in ,and we agree you text me 30 minute in advance. But that day when i receive a text " We are passing Costa Mesa now", in fact , I CAN NOT have a clear estimate about your arrive time. because Costa Mesa is A CITY, and the traffic condition is all different, so its difficult to do a estimate base on such a message.
thats WHY I was late to show up. please give your host a more clear information(like we will be there after 35 minute etc) in the future, that's very important. thanks (and I see your review about the late show up with another host too, i guess maybe the same reason)
I come to greeting you as soon as possible ,
and the same time, I send you the map how to get to the unit. in case someone will let you in before i arrive.
I do this because your family with two kids, after long trip maybe very tired. so if you can get in earlier, thats will make you have some rest.
not because I expect others open the door for you. I am fimiliar with the community and I know it mostly happen.
My sons is 7,5.3 years old. as a host, I am a mom too. I need take care of them.
sometime I Need bring one or two or three of them with me when guest check in .a lot of my guest especially family with kids, understand the difficulty of work with kids, and I can understand the difficulty of travel with kids, we feel more closer and with kids, the atmosphere is more happy and fun. some times they are good helpers to hold doors, move some small items too.
That day, your husband parked your car in a wrong parking space, and I need go out to guide him to the right place. Since kids can watch TV in the unit and I know when watching TV, they needn't no others. so I let them stay there with you, so I and your husband can park your car in right place sooner. I don't know it make you feel so much pressure. I need to talk more about that with you first.
the little one almost 3 year old, he still working on how to ask for something polite. in fact I was talking with you, and I didn't see he pulled out your son's toy. IF I see , I will talk to him. Sorry about that and I think it 's normal with 2-3 years old kids. IF You see that ,you can tell him too. They just need to learn and need be reminded again and again.
I have talked with my sons about be more quiet and politely. And let him know when we rent out a place, that place is belongs to the guest. YES, they need understand this more clear.
3. mattress. the mattress, my many guest from China ,they love hard mattress. I have other guest complain with "too soft mattress". yes ,you may feel that's unbelieveable, but that's true. people are totally differently. no matter you believe or not , accept or not.
I AM considering write the mattress intruduce online, maybe that will be help.
as this unit, I am considering change a softer mattress too.
4. some small supplies. in fact I provide enough and good quality bath towels, towels, shampoo and body wash, laundry detergent, rice cooker , steaming pot ...a lot of stuffs. and I always try my best to satisfy my guest.
if you can let me know what you are looking for, I can provide some or give you a explation.
normally when a family travel, you will need to buy something for your daily use.
that's normall situation. and super market is very close. you can get them very convinent.
by the way, before, the trash bag and dishwasher detergent were not on my supply list. now they are.
5. legal or illegal ? in fact , not only mine , most of apartment for rent are the same situation. its not allowed by leasing office. all the town house / single family for rent less than 30 days in Irvine is not allowed by city government.
the hosts take their own risk, and make your stay in Irvine more comfortable and more cheaper. as a guest ,you can thank them to make this possible,
or if you are very nervous about this ,you can choose to stay in a hotel suit.
it's not reasonable if you benefit from this and complain about this. do you agree this?
that's the truth. the difference is some hosts let you be aware of the truth so you will stay more safe , and some hosts choose not let you know, or maybe they don't know very clear about this themselves.
6. I just read your reviews from hosts, and as a guest, you have at least 5 times bad experience with hosts . and I find you like to use the word " RUDE" to lable others. I don't like that, and I think everyone don't like that. in fact, I am respectful person even I am not perfect. I have 15 years professional career experience before I became a host.
So I suggest you may need to learn something from bad experience too. because all the bad experience, in my opinion, will not only one side's fault, normally both sides has something can be improved.
that is all I want to talk with you and maybe my future guest too.
As a host, I Always try to provide better service for guest.
I am not perfect person, my place not perfect, my service not perfect, we are high standard for ourselvesand still working on,many guest give me very good reviews and I am so thankful about that.
I will keep moving and make my host better.
thanks for reading.
I wish this some helpful for make airbnb a nice community we all loved.