Set into ten acres on the side of a mountain, this elegant Provencal-style retreat provides a nurturing space for four guests. The house has many interesting architectural details and appointments, and includes furnishings brought back from France---and did we mention the views? For writers and business travelers, the serenity and quiet of the upstairs office is bound to suit.
Set on ten acres, this two-story two-bedroom adobe house features lime washed stuccoed walls, limestone and madrone floors, heavy oak ceiling beams, and antique French roof tiles. Wherever possible, natural materials have been used.
Many of the furnishings and paintings were brought back from France by the owner who lived there some years ago. The house is largely based on his experience living in a converted stone barn (a "grange") in the wine country outside Bordeaux. Essentially, the house represents what can be done in this part of the world to replicate a period house in the south western part of France.
You have full access to the house and the property during your stay. Please be considerate of the neighbors and their peace and privacy. Your nearest neighbor, however, is over 200 yards away.
You will be welcomed by Peter or the property manager, who will be available to help you throughout your stay.
Umgänge med gäster
Minimal, Peter or the property manager is on call if you need help or have questions.
The house and grounds are your private space during your visit, but if for any reason, it is necessary to check something for safety, security or well-being, we will ask your permission to enter.
We will be available to help you throughout your stay; please ask if you would like suggestions for outings or need help in any way.
Annat att notera
Water conservation is needed, so no long showers please.
You are welcome to any foods and staples (such as olive oil and condiments) in the kitchen. teas are in the cupboard above the dishwasher and coffee on the counter.
Be aware of poison oak & avoid contact when hiking, and check your body and clothes for ticks. Put hiking clothes in the dryer or washing machine after to be safe.
- Maximum 4 people. We appreciate your accuracy regarding the number of guests, just as you appreciate the accuracy of our listing. Please treat the home with respect and care and leave it as you found it. Your cleaning fee covers vacuuming and making the beds. Please wash your dishes or leave them in the dishwasher.
- We want you to feel happy during your stay, but please note no parties, no smoking, no children, and no pets are allowed. Very strict on parties; security deposit will not be refunded.
- No third party bookings. If you are not coming to stay, please ask those who wish to book to do so via their own account or open one to do so.
- Please notify us of any damage or breakages and pay for these.
- Please drive slowly on Regent Way the limit is 25mph, but 15mph max is best on the gravel. Keep well right as it's narrow!
- Please fasten the critter proofing bungee cord on the garbage bin at the bottom of the driveway.