This listing is for a single room. For other room types see our other listings.
Oakside is in Southern England on the edge of Dorset's Isle of Purbeck, which forms the eastern end of the Jurassic Coast, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This area of outstanding natural beauty and abundant wildlife includes many other attractions including the venue for 2012 Olympic Sailing events at Portland.
Oakside opened in April 2010. Your hosts, Ruth and Mark Warner, provide friendly, quality facilities that will contribute to the pleasure and comfort of your visit to Dorset, whether for holiday or business.
We offer you a choice of rooms King-bedded room with en-suite or Double room and Single room with private bathroom. The main aspect of the house offers an idyllic rural view – see Facilities for detailed information. Outside the house, a track leads into Wareham Forest.
Oakside is in the hamlet of Holton Heath near Organford approximately 4 miles (7 kms) west of Poole and 3 miles (4.5 kms) north of the Saxon walled town of Wareham. It's blessed with a lovely rural setting that's insulated from the hubbub of the 21st century; yet it's only minutes from the convenience of modern shopping in Poole and Bournemouth and the main rail and road links to the rest of the UK.
We provide peaceful and comfortable surroundings where you can relax and enjoy your visit to this attractive area.
• King-size double bedded room with en-suite, or standard double bedroom with view over rural landscape
• Single bedroom for single traveller or additionally available for a group or family. (Blackout blinds in all bedrooms.)
• Private modern bathroom with washbasin, toilet and spacious, enclosed glazed shower over bath (next to both bedrooms)
• Open-plan dining area with lovely view through large windows
• Freeview TV in all rooms, free wi-fi and tea & coffee facilities
• Ceramic-tiled floors throughout — ideal for allergy sufferers
• All rooms are ground-floor accessible
• Non-smoking throughout
• We regret that Oakside isn't suitable for toddlers and babies
• Sorry, but we can't accept your pets
• Ruth can communicate in BSL — a warm welcome awaits our Deaf visitors
• Birdlife-friendly cottage-style garden with stone patio
• Breakfast can be taken into the garden on warm days
• Parking for cars in the farm lane
• Lovely wooded view beyond the adjacent horse fields
• Extensive wild walk trails and bird-rich woodlands 0.25 mile
• Heathland with abundant Deer (Sika as well as Fallow) and numerous bird species 0.25 mile
• World's second-largest natural harbour with many water sport activities 2.5 miles
Attractions near Oakside B&B
Your accomodation is situated close to the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site, and near some of Dorset's best Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
We are in the historic English region of Wessex, where the Anglo-Saxon king Alfred once reigned. It is also full of picturesque thatched cottages and is the setting for Thomas Hardy's world-renowned rustic novels