The double room apartment within our well over 200 year old and renovated house is located in the mansion district. From the spacious property it only takes 5 minutes to the city centre, the bakery, the cinema or the hiking trails in the forest.
Our house belongs to the oldest buildings of the Ilmenau mansion district. Built as “glue factory” at the city boundary, it housed a “Forest mosaic fabrication” around 1900 and later the company “Hugo Wernicke - Laboratory Supplies; Thermometers and Glass Articles for Steam installations”.
In 1998 we acquired the over 200 years old building and since then completely renovated. As we planned the apartment, it was especially important to us to use the existing materials and design elements like the historic lombards and clay plaster. The original timber-framed construction has been preserved to the greatest possible extent. Some infills were replaced by clear etched glass panels.
The apartment can be accessed by the generous garden. During summer time a terrace with garden furniture offers a view to nature. A lawn for sunbathing invites to relaxation.