The Carriage House is fully equipped. Downstairs is open plan and has 2 single beds, a small sofa, TV & toilet. The upstairs room has a small kitchen, dining table, and sofa (can be single pull out sofa bed). The large Master bedroom has a TV and two beds: a queen size bed, and single bed. A full bathroom is upstairs as well as a laundry room. We are located within walking distance to downtown Lititz. There is a lovely front porch on which you access the property. Enjoy Lancaster tourism here!
We love that we are within walking distance to restaurants and shops in Lititz. Yet our street feels quiet and tucked away.
The Lititz Carriage House is detached from our home. It is built onto the garage on the back side of our property. The only communal space would be that we occasionally use our private garage, and the Carriage House if facing our private yard area which is a space frequently used by our family. Carriage House guests have a small private yard area to the side of the porch for their own use.
We are within walking distance to the heart of the town of Lititz. You will find out why our town was once voted America's Coolest Small Town. Take your pick from popular restaurants & pubs in the area, walk through the parks, browse through the one-of-a-kind shops, try some speciality ice cream, take a historic tour to learn about the Moravian history of our small town, or enjoy a great cup of tea or coffee at one of the area cafe's & coffee shops. Family's with kids will enjoy the nearby parks, Highs Sports mini golf and go-carts. The cinema within 10 min drive.
If you don't mind driving further afield, plan to visit Hershey Chocolate World or Theme Park, Dutch Wonderland, Sight and Sound Theatre, The Renaisance Faire, Lancaster Market and so much more within driving distance. You can even ride in a horse and buggy and take in the Amish culture in nearby villages. For more info visit (URL HIDDEN)
We think you will enjoy the convenience of having a small kitchen, washer and dryer, and the extra room where you can sleep up to 6. Its a great location for families or for a quiet retreat and get away. It is not child friendly for young children. There is a half wall (pictured in the photo section) and the entire house is carpeted.
Shared spaces include the backyard, where our family and friends might be working and playing during pleasant days. You have a smaller enclosed private garden area should you desire to play outdoors.
There's a small private yard area to the side, and deck to sit in, and parking for two cars. Wifi and washer and dryer.
Umgänge med gäster
We have minimal interaction with guests, though it is always a pleasure to meet you upon arrival if it works out to do so, and help you with any questions you may have about our area. Our family home sits on the same property though detached from The Carriage House. There will be people be people from our family coming/going in our private yard, that is facing the Carriage House porch.
You have access to a small enclosed private yard area that is for the exclusive use of our guests at The Lititz Carriage House. You may have to share it with the occasional rabbits, squirrels and birds that like our garden too. :)
Annat att notera
There is parking for two cars, but they need to park in one lane behind each other. Our car garage is attached to the Carriage House. It is the only shared space. We have a small mini-poodle (about 6 pounds) who may be in the yard. She is shy but friendly.
Our space is intended as a couple or small family location. We decline group bookings.
We have a strict cancellation policy. Please review this prior to booking. Check in is by arrangement after 3pm on the day of your arrival. Check out is strictly at 11am on the date of your departure.
Additionally, there is only parking available for two vehicles. All other vehicles must plan to park several blocks away where street parking is available.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call right away. We will do what we can to make your stay enjoyable.
Our intention for this space:
We have designed our space for a couple/family that need a quiet retreat or lodging as they take in area tourist destinations.
If you are in town for a wedding, or are part of a larger group, please note our No Day Guest rule. Our space is not ideal for this and it is not what we designed it for.
You may not use the Carriage House as a 'hang out' place for gatherings of people not part of the reservation booking. If you feel you have a reasonable request, and would like to ask for an exception, you need to do so in advance and in writing.
1. No Smoking on the property.
2. No Parties or Events. Noise must be kept to a minimum. Guests are expected to respect our neighbors by keeping noise to a normal level at all times. No loud music, etc.
3. We do not allow group bookings and/or 'event style' parties, or any type group gatherings at the house. Such as school/spring break trips, birthdays, bridesmaid or stag parties, the use of our property for wedding preparations or wedding related activities, etc.
4. Check in, by arrangement, is after 3pm.
5. Check out by 11am strictly so we can prepare for the next guests arrival. Please be prompt to depart or you may be charged a late check out fee.
6. No day guests permitted without prior written arrangement. Make sure the correct number of people staying at the Carriage House is on your reservation booking.
7. No pets inside or on the property.
8. Lock the garage door entrance as you come and go.
9. There is parking for two cars, but they need to park on the gravel lane, behind one other. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cares are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing/fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
10. Do not park in front of the garage or on the street. Additional on street parking is available on Liberty Street.
11. Shared spaces: Our private car garage is attached to the Carriage House. It should only be used as a guest access to and from the Carriage House.
12. Please close the gates as you come and go. We have a small mini-poodle who may be in the yard. She is shy but friendly.
13. You may not use the Carriage House as a 'hang out' place for gatherings of people not part of the reservation booking. If you feel you have a reasonable request, and would like to ask for an exception, you need to do so in advance and in writing.
14. No daily housekeeping service. Contact us if you require additional housekeeping.
15. Breakage- please indicate if items have been broken or damaged prior to departure. Unreported damage may be claimed from your Damage Deposit, but would probably be best resolved prior to your departure. Don't worry, we understand accidents happen.
16. Departure Instructions When you leave, please strip the beds you used, and put sheets and pillowcases only, (no blanket or mattress covers) in the laundry room, as well as any used towels from the bathrooms and kitchen. Please empty garbage cans and place in the trashcan in the driveway. Wash and put away dishes. Leave the keys on the hooks at the bottom of the stairs.
17. TRAVEL INSURANCE – We highly recommend all guests purchase travel insurance. This unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.