It was nice to host the excellent guests and we do appreciate on Kenneth to make us realize how the guest can understand the way of economy sharing with Airbnb system(but it is the first time for us for this kind of experience) and how much important to communicate precisely in early stage. Therefore I would like to describe the facts for informing all the hosts and guests who appreciate on Airbnb system.
1. Kennth is right that the reservation price is varying with the number of persons. We have 4 bedrooms with 11 beds. He reserved 4 persons' price without saying anything that they need all 4 rooms for 4 persons. If he mentioned the points in reservation, the host could decide on the requests.
2. When 2 guests of his collegues (NOT including Kenneth) among 4 have arrived in our apartment first when we are trying to open one bedroom which was locked out accidently during the setups. And we explained the situation and they also have tried to open the door but it didn't work. We have excused the situation and provided with 3 bedrooms with 6 beds. And we think it is workable and they have accepted. And we left the apartment for their comfortable stay.
3. On that evening Kenneth sent message to the host, saying that 'Open the door or get REFUND' because one of his collegue have to sleep on sofa instead of 6 beds what we have provided with.
4. I have explained (NOT argued) our reservation system based on the persons/beds and we provided 3 bedrooms with 6 beds for 4 persons. Then asked to understand our situation that we have to ask to Airbnb if he want to get REFUND in this condition because the pricing system is registered and the payment can be done with Airbnb. We didn't understand their real intention of the separate room for individual guest, that has not been discussed or communicated ever before this happenings.
5. Kenneth made appeal to Airbnb to get refund of 20% amount (1000 SEK) and arbitration is ongoing and Airbnb will make clarification and decision. We are ready to follow the decision of Airbnb.
This unexpected experience gave us many important issues for us on how the guests can understand/interpretate their own perception. And on how important to communicate with the guests more effectively and precisely.
We normally opened all 4 rooms even the less guests than capacity. But this accident of locked out one bedroom gave us big instructions and warnings as well. It could be a good points to know by all the hosts and guests to satisfy for both parties. Thanks again for shaing this case for further improvement of our services.