This cozy, ground level, 2 bed, 1 bath, guest house apartment is located at the top of a small hill (aka driveway) and directly across the street from Greenwood Lake offering great lake views, lake access, and a national park as your backyard. Just a 5 minute drive to village restaurants and shops, 10 minutes to Tuxedo, and 15 minutes to town, this is the perfect setting for a relaxed and fun weekend no matter what your plans. You'll never want to leave, but you'll always remember you stayed!
The Guest House Apartment is a spacious but cozy, approximately 750 square foot, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, ground level apartment attached to the main house (for parties of 2, only 1 bedroom will be made available).
There is a separate entrance and you will have on site parking and lake access via our private, lakefront docks (located across the street from the house and approximately 200 feet away) for your stay.
There are 2 bedrooms with windows, closets and hangers (one bedroom faces the back and one faces the lake), a large living room with a very comfortable, sofa sectional, laptop workspace and Apple TV.
The full-sized, windowed bath has a tub and separate sink area. Essentials including bath and beach towels, soap, shampoo, hair dryer, iron and first aid kit can be found in the linen closet.
The full, eat-in-kitchen has an AC, microwave, refrigerator, electric stove, coffee maker, toaster oven, pots, pans, china, silverware, mugs, glasses and a country table for 4.
Travelers will have access to the Guest House Apartment (1 bedroom for parties of 1-2, 2 bedrooms for parties of 3+), the driveway for parking and access to our private docks located across the street from the house and 200 feet down the road. Here, you are welcome to use the docks, picnic tables, sandbox, bbq and fire pit.
Umgänge med gäster
The Guest House Apartment and the Main House are attached and share a lot (each has it's own private entrance), so we may be on the premises during your stay. That being said, we are sure to give our guests plenty of privacy and if you prefer, we can assist via phone, email or text for anything you may need.
Annat att notera
There is no gas in Greenwood Lake. You can grill, cook on an electric stove or microwave. I am not a big cook, and kitchen "stuff" may be limited, so let me know what you need and I'll accommodate you as best I can.
I choose not to drink the water because it's hard and not to my taste. You may want to bring bottled water for your stay.
We are on a septic system, so the ONLY thing that can be flushed is the obvious and toilet paper found in the house. No outside tissue or toilet paper, sanitary products, baby wipes, condoms, or anything else can be flushed...just toss it all in the garbage.
The roads were scary to me at first and there is a strict 25 mph speed limit on the roads in Greenwood Lake...15 mph at night (no lights). No drinking and driving please! That goes for driving on the lake as well (there are Lake Police and USCG)...always have a life jacket (available in the house) on your kayak, boat, paddle board.
LIFE ON A LAKE
There are lots of creatures big and small near the lake. I'm a city girl, so I find the gnats most annoying...they are attracted to light and they can even enter screens. Bring lots of bug spray and keep the windows closed at night. I also eat by Citronella candlelight if I am eating outdoors in the evening. There are also deer and bears, so all garbage must be contained properly (no food should be left outside). Lake Life is still TOTALLY worth it.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the apartment and absolutely NO illegal activities or drugs are allowed on the premises.
2. All human beings, regardless of their age, are considered a guest and must be counted on the reservation. People other than those in the guest party set forth above may not enter the property.
3. The Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By booking this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. The property and all furnishings contained within must be kept in the order in which you found it.
5. Use appliances only as intended.
6. Do not burn candles anywhere in the guest house apartment.
7. Pets are allowed, but must be kept on a leash outdoors and picked up after. Pets are not allowed on furniture.
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the guest house apartment.
9. Please be thoughtful of our amazing neighbors and keep noise down after 10 p.m.
10. Please check that stove, oven, lights, appliances and climate control are turned off when you leaving the guest house apartment.
11. Maximum of 3 cars on the premises.
12. Guests must report anything broken or out of order.
13. All guests must be 21 and over.
WHEN YOU LEAVE:
1. Place all used towels on the bathroom floor. Do not strip beds.
2. All lights, appliances and climate control devices must be shut off.
3. Close and lock the door behind you.