This 545 square foot (50 square meter) suite, with its original, ornate pressed metal ceilings 14 feet (4.3 meters) overhead, is on two levels. You enter the suite’s bedroom from your small private patio, which is on the same level as your parking spot. Up 8 steps from the bedroom level there’s a small sitting area with gas fireplace, 2 reclining chairs and flat screen TV, and a large bathroom with both a jet tub and a separate shower.
The Henry Morton Stanley suite is named for a man who came to Pocahontas to be inducted into the Confederate army during the American Civil War, then later in life traveled to the heart of Africa in search for the missing Dr. David Livingstone. When Stanley finally found the doctor, he uttered the now famous phrase, “Doctor Livingstone, I presume.”
The sitting area includes:
• For ambiance, we furnish a gas fireplace with remote control.
• Free Wi-Fi and a flat screen cable television. In addition to cable, the sitting area TV can also access steaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Video.
• Two comfortable reclining chairs.
• Thermostat control for the suite’s central heating and air conditioning system.
The original concrete stairs, from when this was a 1902 commercial building, separate the bedroom from the living/bath level. While they are easy for most people to maneuver, they may be harder for the elderly, or people in poor physical condition. This suite is certainly not handicapped accessible.
The bedroom includes:
• A desk large enough to get some work done, if you must.
• A small refrigerator, microwave oven, Keurig coffee maker, and ice maker.
• Flat screen cable TV
• A king sized bed with high thread count sheets, both firm and soft pillows, and comforter.
>> I can add quite comfortable inflatable mattresses with sheets, blankets and pillows, to accommodate a 3rd or even 4th person, if you’d like. Be aware that the Stanley Suite is quite crowded with 4 people in it, but many people have made it work for them just fine. The inflatable mattresses are positioned on the floor, so are not suitable for someone who would have trouble getting out of the floor. Also, since the Stanley is our smallest suite, the mattress on the floor will take up a lot of your walking around space. You will probably only want to spread it out at bedtime and let the air out and fold it up during the daytime. We provide an electric pump so you can air it up as needed. There’s an extra charge, per day, to have more than 2 people in the suite.
>> A king sized bed is 76 inches wide × 80 inches long (1.93 meters wide x 2.03 meters long)
• Luxury bathrobes for your use, and slippers.
• A yoga mat, an exercise ball, and a foam roller cylinder.
• Since some people enjoy going to the sleep while listening to soothing sounds, the bedroom includes a “white noise machine” you can use if you wish, to produce the sound of rain or a waterfall or forest sounds. And, while Pocahontas is definitely a “sleepy little town”, if you want to sleep late some mornings, the white noise machine can easily cover up any undesired neighborhood sounds.
In the bathroom you’ll find:
• A skylight to let in natural light.
• Ultra-clean Sanijet spa tub with fragrant bath gels for your bathing pleasure.
• A separate shower.
• Heated floor
• Flat screen TV
• Lighted magnifying makeup mirror
• Hair dryer
• Towel warmer
• Toilet with heated seat/Bidet with warmed water.
• Enjoy oversized Turkish cotton towels and indulge in our body lotion menu, with three different European body lotions to sample.
• Guests are welcome to use the clothes washer and dryer, iron and ironing board in the suite’s bathroom.
All guests are welcome to use the charcoal grill in the rear of the building, on a first come, first served basis.
The suite is located within the NoMA (North Marr) Arts & Entertainment District, in the heart of the 17-block downtown historic district. Within a few blocks along Marr Street you'll find an art gallery, a dance and music studio, a couple of restaurants, each with full bar, the Downtown Playhouse offering several live stage plays throughout the year, and a neighborhood of Victorian era homes.
The suite is just a half block from the 1872 courthouse and you'll be 1 block from Arkansas' oldest barber shop and 2 blocks from Arkansas' oldest drug store.
Typ av rum
Eget hus/egen lgh
Typ av boende
Pocahontas, Arkansas, USA