Midweek, weekend or holiday destination: after a day on the water or a tour of the wineries - good for friends, couples, solo adventurers & families (with kids 8 years+). NB. BYO BED LINEN AND TOWELS.
If attending a wedding at the historic Coronation Hall, our 2 bathrooms make the morning, evening & 'getting ready' rush hour so much easier!
Note • absolutely NO parties. Parties will breach our agreement & you will forfeit your bond.
Minimum booking: 2 nights (4 nights over Christmas/New Year)
This two storey holiday home offers 3 double bedrooms (2 large & 1 smaller), 2 bathrooms, large open living spaces, air conditioning & a fireplace, outdoor decks and undercover entertainment areas and is furnished with an interesting mix of vintage, antique and contemporary pieces. Share quality time with loved ones and friends, chill out or make it your base to explore the Brisbane Valley and stunning Lake Somerset region.
A few House Rules:
•• Absolutely NO parties. Parties will lead to non-refund of your bond.
•• Bookings are for up to 6 persons only. Additional guests are not permitted.
•• The property is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
•• No smoking inside the house.
•• No shoes inside - our polished timber floor & small stones in the courtyard just don't mix :(
•• Our neighbours are very considerate and we aim to keep them happy - so no loud music or noisy behaviour after midnight.
You can be as active or as lazy as you wish!
Curl up on a couch, read a book, watch a movie or take a two minute stroll from your holiday retreat to the free tennis courts on the banks of the Stanley River.
Coffee, homemade cakes and meals & other general items are available at our local general store.
Just a 5 minute drive from the village will take you to The Spit on Lake Somerset where you may enjoy the free facilities which include, picnic tables, gas BBQ, children's playground and protected swimming area.
Launch your ski boat for a stimulating adrenaline rush. Or bring a canoe, kayak or fishing boat to explore Lake Somerset and the picturesque Stanley River.
Don't forget your camera - Somerset Dam Village and surrounding district is the habitat for koalas, kangaroos, possums and wild deer, plus a spectacular range of native birds, colourful parrots and eagles.
Three rural towns are nearby to Somerset Dam Village:
• Esk and Kilcoy offer supermarkets, bakeries, butchers, newsagents, pubs, antique shops, cafes, art galleries, weekend markets, plus golf courses that are open to the public.
• Toogoolawah is home to the International Drop Zone Parachute Centre where you can witness displays, experience a tandem jump or further your parachuting skills.
If horse racing is an interest, both Esk & Kilcoy have country races throughout the year.
Mobile phone reception in the village is limited to Telstra subscribers. However, we offer free WiFi and a public phone box is 100m away on King Street.
Off street parking is available in the driveway and (down the lane) at the back of the house. Boats may be parked in front of the house. King Street is wide and most people park their boats in front of their homes. The back driveway provides ideal access to the house for those wishing to avoid stairs.
BYO BED LINEN AND TOWELS, a fully equipped kitchen & basic pantry requirements are available as is shower gel and toilet paper. BYO your food, drinks, picnic gear, beach towels... and Rest, Relax, Explore, Enjoy!
Detailed House Contents and Facilities
•Steps from the front driveway lead to the front deck with gum tree and mountain views. Stainless steel and wood rails surround this entertainment area. On the deck - casual bar, outdoor lounge chairs, ice bucket, decorations and a side cupboard contains a badminton kit. Drop blinds on two sides provide protection from weather.
• From front deck, sliding doors lead into the lower level open plan living, polished wooden floor, coat stand, two antique sewing machines, antique desk, teak carved long table, cane chair, bookshelves, sitting areas, two reverse cycle air conditioning units, stylish decorations and soft furnishings
• Kitchen - spacious, gas hotplates, wooden bench tops, pantry, fridge with small freezer compartment, island bar houses electric oven and bar stools, overhanging wine glass rack. Dishwasher, double sink, water filter - vintage Art-Deco console
• Living Area - leather lounge & armchairs, large coffee table, TV, DVD player
• Dining Area - antique dining table seats 6, wood combustion fireplace, CD player.
• Outdoor Entertainment Area - sliding glass doors from the kitchen lead to the undercover BBQ and entertainment area. Gas BBQ, outdoor table and chairs, plants, gate to back lane/driveway.
• Laundry, Powder room, Shower - from TV area is a lockable door leading to a powder room - a second door opens to a tiled room containing storage units, bar fridge, front loading washing machine, clothes dryer, laundry sink and a large tiled shower space.
• Studio Bedroom - from laundry (on same level, no steps) - lockable door leads to additional large spacious air conditioned bedroom, queen size bed, pedestal fan, coffee and tea making facilities, table, two chairs, DVD player, spotted gum laminate floor, cupboards, private entrance to BBQ entertainment area and to the back lane/driveway. Two lockable entrances, Ideal for those wishing for some privacy from the main house or those needing to avoid steps. Access to the laundry, 2nd shower, toilet/powder room and main house through the lockable door.
• Landing - spacious tiled landing with ceiling fan, two computer desks, large mirrors, antique sideboard, sliding door to upper deck which overlooks covered BBQ and entertainment area. Main bathroom and upper floor bedrooms lead off the landing
• Main Bedroom - queen sized bed, side tables with lamps, antique dresser, double sliding door wardrobes, two chairs. Sliding door to access upper deck. Reverse cycle air-conditioner
• Second Upper Floor Bedroom - queen size bed, side table, antique table with mirror, built in wardrobe, ceiling fan (no air conditioner).
• Main Bathroom - opens onto the landing, upper bedrooms share the shower cubical, toilet, vanity
• Upper Deck - The deck overlooks the outdoor undercover entertainment area and offers rural views. Deck chairs, wood slab coffee table - access from landing or main bedroom, it is ideal for a quiet retreat, morning coffee, drinks etc.
Typ av rum
Eget hus/egen lgh
Typ av boende
Somerset Dam, Queensland, Australien