What makes The Loft truly unique is its location. On the S.I. Wine Trail, its just minutes to Cedar Lake and 15 minutes from nationally award winning BBQ, delicious pie, shopping, and fun of all sorts! The Loft is situated on a 70 acre organic farm tucked into a breathtaking valley next to the Shawnee National Forest. Filled with antiques; original eclectic artwork; toddler gear, so you can travel light; and a gourmet kitchen complete with everything you need; The Loft has it all!
Sit next to a cracking fire drinking a glass of local wine and while away the hours relaxing with family and friends. The Loft is the perfect getaway spot being located near Cedar Lake, on the S.I. Wine Trail, with fun day trips to a number of local destinations like Carbondale and Cape Girardeau. With fire pit and acreage to explore, its great for families and couples who love hiking and spending time outdoors.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Full/Double, 2 floor mattresses in Loft above living room (short headroom), 1 Plush Queen Inflatable Mattress.
QUICK LIST OF AMENITIES
- Safe, rural location
- 24-hour check-in
- Toddler gear with prior notice: highchair, cutlery, plate, and sippy cup with advance notice
- Master Suite: queen size bed, seating area with desk, and en suite bath w/ jetted garden tub
- Guest Room #1: king size bed & TV with cable
- Guest Room #2: full-size bed & desk area
- BONUS SPACE - The loft is a space located above the kitchen and living room - it has a low ceiling, so it is great for younger visitors. With a play space and a pallet made of two full-size mattress and lots of pillows, it can be a great sleeping space, too!
- Bedrooms include linens, blankets, and cozy duvets.
- Bathrooms include bath towels (1 per registered guest), washcloths and hand towels.
- Washer and Dryer
- Well appointed galley-style kitchen with full-size appliances
- Electric range with built-in downdraft exhaust
- Bistro table, seats 2
- Bar, seats 3
- Dining table, seats 6
- Coffee maker with filters & French press
- Cookware, tableware, and all the basics
- Olive oil, herbs and spices stocked for guests
- Large 4K HDTV with satellite, Blu-Ray player and library of movies
- Wrap around deck with outdoor seating
- Grill- propane included
- Fire Pit (Firewood is not supplied but is readily available at area markets.)
- Central heat and air
- Fire place (Firewood is not supplied but is readily available at area markets.)
- Eclectic custom artwork and sculptures
- Acreage to explore
- Small creek runs along the side of the property near the house
- Closest cabin to Cedar Lake
- Optional second cabin nearby (The Barn) for added capacity - each cabin is secluded and has plenty of greenery and room around them for privacy. See it at https://abnb.me/Ia0xqbQylY
- Landline telephone for local calls
- Satellite internet/WIFI
Please reserve your dates today before someone snatches them up! We’d love to leave the light on for you..
Pomona is a small hamlet located outside of the Carbondale/Murphysboro area near Cedar Lake. Less than 5 minutes off of a main highway, it is just 15 minutes from shopping and supplies in Murphysboro and 25 minutes from Carbondale. From area wineries and breweries to hiking, shopping and eating award winning BBQ, there is a lot to do in the region. Read on to learn more!
ABOUT THE AREA
- Southern Illinois Wine Trail
A big draw for the region is the Shawnee Wine Trail. With over a dozen wineries in the area, there's no shortage of styles and cool places to visit! Many of them offer live music on the weekends when the weather is warm (which is most of the year), as well as delicious food and scenery that helps you kick back and relax. Let us know what style of wine you like and we can point you to some places you are sure to love! We can also help you make arrangements for a shuttled private tour! As us for details.
- Farmers Market, Fruit Stands & Agritourism
The Southern Illinois region is known as "Little Egypt" because of its proximity to the great Mississippi River and because of its fertile land! The region is full of farms, orchards, and groves of all sorts and hub of entertainment. Carbondale, plays host to one of the oldest farmers markets in the mid-west and is certainly one of the largest in the region! It is held on Saturdays in the Murdale Shopping Center area of Carbondale. So, if you are into cooking, you will love all of the heirlooms, unique varietals, and cottage industry products found at this terrific market. (Available April-November).
Want other culinary stops? Area towns have festivals, U-pick fruit farms, farm tours and other agritourism jaunts, as well as great area markets! Ask us what’s going on when you’ll be in town! We’re happy to help you make a memory.
- Rock Climbing, Hiking, Sightseeing & Water Sports
There is a little something for everyone in Southern Illinois. The region is famous for rock climbing, hiking, mushroom hunting, and water sport destinations!
Closest to the house - The Pomona Natural Birdge is within walking distance, Cedar Lake is just minutes away and is a great spot for getting on the water and picnics!
Check out the Shawnee National Forest - known for its annual snake migration every April!
Giant City Park with some of the best rock climbing to be had in the region!
Devil's Backbone, Crab Orchard Lake and the National Wildlife Refuge - terrific for bird watching - are other great natural attractions in the area! Trail of Tears State Park, . . . to name just a few.
Petroglyphs, drawings by Native Americans on rock faces and in caves, are something unique to the region. Visiting these sites is something like a treasure hunt for hikers and is perfect for history buffs, too!
- Restaurants & Things To Do
Just 15 minutes away in Murphysboro visitors will find 17th Street BBQ - voted the #1 BBQ in America by Bon Appetit magazine and the Food Network! There's also The Rule of Pie - which makes pies from scratch daily, Cummares Italian Restaurant, Brews Brothers pub and great antique stores and mom and pop shops downtown. The town also offers Riverside Park, which banks the Big Muddy River. The park is known for its dog park, paved walking trails and terrific playgrounds! And, though technically in the the town of Ava, Scratch Brewery draws people from all over to their craft brewery and restaurant, so when you come be sure to put them on your list. It's a small trek to get to, but is totally worth it!
Carbondale is the main hub for the region. It is about 20-25 minutes from The Barn using HWY 127. Carbondale is the home of the Salukis! Southern Illinois University Carbondale is a world class teaching and research institution. Like any college town, you can pick from any number of terrific restaurants and night spots or cruise out in the morning for a hot cup of coffee and from scratch breakfast at one of the many local restaurants. We love Harbaugh's, The Co-op, Longbranch Coffee House, Thai Taste, Newell House, Global Gourmet, The Hanger 9 Bar, and so many others. Please ask us for tailored suggestions! We are glad to help. The University Mall in Carbondale has a bevy of stores for shopping, plus a state of the art theater. If you are looking for something a little more mom and pop, the downtown area of Carbondale, plus the smaller towns in the area like Murphysboro and Cobden are just the ticket. They offer craft stores, antique shops, cool home goods and clothing stores and knickknack stores where bargain hunters can find a treasure!
Nearby, the town of Cobden is home to quaint art galleries, antique shops and restaurants such as the Yellow Moon Cafe, a hidden gem for great desserts, local fare, and live music on weekends. On the streets of Cobden you can also find the Taquería Pequeña, an amazing “little house of tacos” and The Old Feed Store, a music venue featuring local and national talent. The region has numerous festivals: Brew Fest, Wine Festivals, Murphysboro Apple Festival, music festivals of all sorts in downtown Carbondale. Both Carbondale and Murphysboro have fantastic Thursday night Sunset Concerts in the summer! Ask us about what might be going on during the time you plan to visit and we'll send you some great ideas!
Typ av rum
Eget hus/egen lgh
Typ av boende
Pomona, Illinois, USA